Monday, July 7, 2014

July 6 2014 Sea Day



July 6 2014
 
Today was a sea day.  A relaxing, peaceful day on the ship.  There were plenty of activities going on, so you can be as busy or non-busy as you want.  I chose to have a relaxing day and enjoy the pool and get some reading in.

Anna and Elsa were out 9 a.m. 11:30 a.m. and 2 pm.  You had to look in the navigator to find it listed though, they are pretty quiet about it (I think that is so they aren’t overwhelmed with lines).  The first meet and greet (in the Walt Disney Theater) runs concurrently with the Princess Gathering in the Atrium.

Just a note about the internet.  Someone was questioning the free internet and how fast it used up the 50 free mb.  When you log on the internet, there is a usage meter (dclguest.com) and when it comes up, open a new browser page to do your internet browsing, because when you are done you want to go back to your meter to see what you have used and then you have to log off.  If you don’t go back to the meter and log off, you will still be online even if you have closed your browser. If you have auto downloads going on, you will use up your mb pretty fast.  I always log off, and then just to be safe go to my settings and set my IPad back to airplane mode so it won’t accidentally reconnect to the internet.
Okay, so at 11 a.m. this morning I headed over to the Castaway Club Celebration for Gold and Platinum members. The reception is held in Phathom’s.  Not a ton of people, but I would say about 30 to 40.  I got another picture with my buddy, Mickey.  Captain Robert didn’t make the reception today, as he had some pressing matters to deal with I guess.





Then decided to have lunch and tried the lamb schwarma (kinda like a gyro) out on deck.  I also went to Cove Café to experience something I’ve never done before on the Magic.  I decided to try the Cookies and Cream Café’ which was described as “smooth and nutty with a hint of Cinnamon, freshly baked cookie.  Served hot or cold.”   I decided to have it cold. It was like a smoothie, but I actually like a chocolate smoothie better.  I enjoyed my lunch and drink while watching a little of the Movie Challenge Poolside going on by the cruise staff.


It was then time for the Facebook group to meet up in Keys.  It was nice to put names and faces together after being on Facebook communicating with each other before the cruise.  

About the time that the Facebook group finished the meet and greet, it was time to start getting ready for formal night. I am on the main dining this time so there is not a lot of time between daytime activities and dinner.  Tonight’s dinner was in Lumiere’s.  Since we are on rotational dining I had butternut squash soup from Animator’s again. It was also formal night, so many people were out in their formal attire.  I was surprised how many actually dressed up tonight.

After dinner, had about an hour to wander around before Villains Tonight in the Walt Disney Theater.  Of course, it was excellent, except for the screaming, crying boy behind me.  I don’t understand why parents will not take their children out of the theater when they are being disruptive to everyone around them. This young boy was completely terrified every time a villain came out.  And the show was called Villains Tonight.  About 5 or 6 of us kept looking at the father each time this occurred, but he just tried to cover the boy’s mouth, which obviously didn’t work. Finally, near the end when Malificient and the Evil Queen were out, he finally got up and took the kid out.  But of course, we all endured the disruption for 40 minutes of the show.  My advice to parents, don’t sit near the front with children if they are not well behaved in a theater experience.  If you wonder how your children will behave, sit near the back of the theater and do a test run before putting them front and center and have them be disruptive.  It seems to have gotten a lot worse over the last couple of years.  Additionally, take your kids to the bathroom before the show starts.  It is very distracting for you and them to climb over 10 people in the third row to take them out and then climb back over everyone when you return.  Okay, I am done with my rant…..

My friend, Jeanna, wasn’t in the show tonight.  I hope she is okay. Will find out tomorrow what’s going on.

After the show, I visited with the Disney Vacation Club cast members who are on board this cruise.  Their staterooms and offices are right across the hallway from my stateroom.  One of them told me that they were on the Panama Canal Cruise with Ken and Shari in May and that when he saw me, he was suppose to say Ken and Shari said hi.  I told him Shari and I basically talk everyday to each other and in fact I had just finished a conversation with her on Facebook.  He thought that was funny, cuz he thought that he was bringing a message to me and that I would be surprised to hear from them.  I mentioned they even took me to the airport in Orlando to catch my flight to Venice! We talked about my travel blog because a couple of them are following it.  In fact, they are going on the tour tomorrow from Olympic Tours with Nikki because they read my experience and the DVC guides from last week’s cruise went on the same tour and they loved it, so they are all doing that tomorrow.

By then it was late, but I delivered some of my fish extender gifts and now it is after 1 a.m. so I am headed to bed.  We are in Katakolon Greece (Olympia) tomorrow.  Birthplace of the Olympics.
Goodnight from the Disney Magic!

4 comments:

  1. You were supposed to be surprised that Derek said hi vs. someone else. Glad you're having fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute picture with Mickey! I totally agree about kids and the theater. It's a great place to see how they will do, but please have an exit strategy for when they don't make it thru the show!

    Do you have the same serving team as last time?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, same serving team and the best table in the house. Table 67. Next cruise we are at 67 and 68.

    ReplyDelete