Sunday, July 27, 2014

July 23 2014 Sea Day



July 23 2014

Today is a much needed sea day!  I got to sleep in an extra hour, but I was still awake by 6:30 in the morning.  Sunrise was at 5:34 a.m., so I missed it this morning.  Oh well!

I decided to go do some walking on the deck this morning.  It is pretty quiet out and about.  Everyone must be sleeping in after all those port days.  Towels are already on beach chairs at the pool, but no one is at the pool.  Guests are not suppose to do that, but it seems to get worse and worse as time goes on.  I have watched chairs for hours while I have been out at the pool, and no one shows up to use them.  It is unfortunate for those really wanting to lounge at the pool.

Did you know that the Disney Magic anchor weighs 28,200 pounds?  That’s the same weight as three elephants!  Just thought curious minds would want to know.

This morning was the $10,000 Mega Jackpot Bingo.  No one won the 10,000 jackpot.  

Went and saw Anna and Elsa in the Walt Disney Theater and had a nice visit.  Wait was 5 minutes or so.

Jack’s Jack’s diaper dash was held this morning.  This race determines who is the fastest baby crawler on the seven seas.  However, this race will probably be going away in the next year or so, since Disney just announced changes to the minimum age that babies are allowed to sail.  I hadn’t really paid attention to the young babies on the ship, but when the new announcement came out a couple of days ago, I started paying attention and realized there are a lot of babies in strollers on the ship.  

Went up on deck to have some lunch and the Magic just received new hot dogs from a European vendor.  Took one bite of the new beef hot dog and about gagged, so threw it away and went and had a chicken schwarma instead.

Decided to go downstairs to my stateroom and do some pre-packing.  Got my carry on with most of my breakables packed and one duffle bag with all the clothes I am done wearing.  Just have my suitcase left to go.

Room service delivered a bowl of strawberries and blueberries as requested, so I went up on deck and added vanilla and chocolate ice cream and watched the 3:30 showing of Tangled on Funnel Vision.  I love the movie Tangled, one of my current favorites.

Then it was time to get ready for the evening festivities.  Tonight in the Walt Disney Theater, there is a special guest performer from Disney Theatrical.  Her name is Heidi Blickenstaff.  She played Ursula on Broadway in the Little Mermaid.  She was also in "The Adamms Family" on Broadway.   She recorded the original track of “Mother’s Knows Best” from Tangled when they were writing the script.  And then the actress, Donna Murphy, that actually portrayed Mother Gothel in Tangled used her recording in order to prepare the original song.  Quite interesting I thought.  She was excellent and had a fabulous voice.  She received a standing ovation at the end and for her finale sang “Let it Go” from Frozen.

Went and listed to live irish music from Goitse in O’Gills Pub before dinner.

Dinner tonight was in Animator’s and it was the animation show.  We all made our drawings and then at the end of dinner, there is a wonderful show and your drawings actually come to life.  It was awesome as usual.



Tonight in Fathom’s the Walt Disney Theater performers are kicking off Rocking Rowdy with a bootstomping country performance.  Love seeing the dancers in their own element dancing to today’s music.  It’s a great time to dance with them and get in a little visit while they are there.

Now it is after midnight and time to call it another night.  Sea days go so fast and tomorrow is an early morning with a visit to Valetta, Malta.

Goodnight from the Disney Magic!


2 comments:

  1. I hadn't seen the notice about age changes, and while it doesn't apply to our family, it's good to know when talking to other families thinking about DCL.

    We had those European hot dogs on our first Med cruise... Yuck. I have to say, though, that I love your idea of having room service bring fresh fruit and then adding ice cream. I'm glad you got to watch a Funnelvision movie!

    ReplyDelete