Wednesday, July 16, 2014

July 15 2014 Sea Day



July 15, 2014

Got up this morning and after getting ready headed to the Castaway Club Member Celebration.  This celebration is for guests who have cruised more than 10 times on Disney Cruise Line.  Captain Robert always gets up to thank us for being loyal cruisers and tell us what it up and coming.  Captain Robert asked who had been on at least 10 cruises and everyone raised their hand.  Then he said, “let me just get to it….who here is celebrating their 50th Disney Cruise?”  That was me!  He announced to everyone that Linda was on her 50th Disney Cruise and was to be congratulated.  I was surprised he remembered that it was my 50th cruise (probably on the dart board backstage where they throw darts at our pictures when they know we are coming on!) LOL

Mickey congratulated me on my 50th cruise too.  Olaf was along for the fun!



After the Castaway Club Celebration, we decided to go to the pool for some fun in the sun.  I found a nice shady spot on deck 10.  Michael got his sunny spot on deck 9.  I read some more of my book and had some lunch.  Around 3 p.m. decided to come back to the stateroom and get a little nap before getting ready for formal night.

Michael had invited everyone to his stateroom for wine and cheese at 5:15 p.m. so decided since Twice Charmed was at 6:30 I better get ready for dinner before the wine and cheese party.  Little did I know that Michael was having a Surprise 50th golden cruise celebration for me in his stateroom.  I got there a little tardy (5:30), didn’t know everyone had been waiting for me since 5 p.m. Oops.  Claudio, Food and Beverage Manager came on behalf of the officers to offer their congratulations.  Was a very nice surprise and very thoughtful of Michael to arrange.  Thanks to Michael, George, Kathy, Scott, Lynn, Jason, Noell, Ken, Christie, Chet and Fern for attending.  We are all meeting later for dinner in Palo in the private dining room.  Michael made a very nice toast at the party.  We will have to start planning Michael’s 50th celebration soon.  It will be on the Magic on July 30, 2018.  So we have 4 years.  Make sure everyone plans on cruising for that special date.  It will be a cruise to remember!

Had a picture with Minnie to celebrate the occasion.



Ran into Erica whom I have known for over 10 years on the Magic.  She started in Entertainment and now is the Manager in the Youth Activities area.



Then stopped and had a picture with Anthony who is the Manager of Port Adventures.  He has also been with the cruise line for a long time.  He left for two years at one time but has been back for a number of years.



Saw Twice Charmed in the Walt Disney Theater.  Jeanna was excellent and the production was outstanding.

We had dinner reservations for 8:30 pm in the private dining room in Palo.  There were 12 of us for dinner:  Michael, me George and Kathy, Scott and Lynn, Ken and Christie, Jason and Noel, and Chet and Fern.  Chef Silvio asked if he could do appetizers family style and of course we all said yes.  So the feast of food began.  They are currently getting their shrimp from Indonesia and we have never seen shrimp that size before.  They were as big as a lobster.  They were excellent in taste.  Chef Silvio made me a special salmon dinner.  It was delicious of course.  Everyone loved their dinner.











 
After dinner, Palo presented me with a special “Golden Cruise” Mickey cake to celebrate my 50th cruise.  We were all so full from the dinner, we all decided to have the pastry chef hold it in the fridge til tomorrow and we would eat for dessert then.  




On the way out of Palo, everyone stopped to sign the Palo Guest Book to commemorate my 50th cruise. 


It was after 11:30 by then.  We stopped in Fathom’s for just a couple of minutes then everyone decided to call it a night.  When I returned to my stateroom I found on my bed a limited edition Lithograph by Don “Ducky” Williams to commemorate the inaugural voyage we are on that is entitled "Meg and Her Hero Discover Extraordinary Greece."  We are exploring the new ports of Santorini and Crete in the Greek Isles.


A perfect ending to a perfect day!

Goodnight from the Disney Magic!

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful celebration, so excited you are sharing this special one with your dear friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like a great day!! Wish I could have been there to celebrate!! Congrats! and cute dress!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete