Friday, July 4, 2014

July 4 2014 Sea Day and Arrival in Venice



July 4 2014

Today was a partial sea day and then we were going to arrive in Venice late afternoon, so the morning started out somewhat lazy!

I forgot to mention yesterday that during the day in the afternoon they played Maleficient in the Walt Disney Theater.  Went to the movies since I had been wanting to see it.  It was excellent.  I might watch it again next cruise.

Didn’t head out to breakfast this morning because we had brunch reservations at Palo, the adult restaurant on the ship.  I have my favorite, strawberry soup, and I had to have a piece of Shari’s favorite, Bleu Cheese Walnut Bread.  She loves that bread.  I think it is okay….  I also mentioned to Alvin that I missed the Fruit Pizza.  So he talked to Francesco, and they recreated a fruit pizza for me.  It was yummy with the strawberries, blueberries and blackberries!







Forgot to get my picture with Andrea the other day, so got picture with her and with our server today, Alvin.  Brought Olaf along for his first brunch also!




I ate way too much.  After lunch it wasn’t long until the 4th of July Celebration on deck.  One of the Walt Disney Theater performers sang the National Anthem and then the characters came out and did one patriotic number.






I hung out in my patriotic lounge chair....

 
We soon found our way into the Grand Canal to enter Venice.  We went past St. Mark’s Square about 4:15 and we were docked by 5 p.m.


It was time for the final Jackpot Bingo, so we all headed up for the final games and took Olaf for my good luck charm.  I won the second game, but had to split it with 4 other people, but still got $60.  So I was happy to take home something!


After Bingo it was about time to go to the Walt Disney Theater for Once Upon a Song.  Jeanna and Patrick were two of the five performers so I was pretty excited to see the show.  They were fabulous!  I really enjoyed the show.
Then it was time to run off for dinner.  It was the Til We Meet Again Menu.  Additionally, they had a 4th of July menu.  I had the New England Clam Chowder, but it wasn’t the traditional one, but still good.  For dessert I had the Baked Alaska.



After that it was time to run over to the atrium for the final farewell to the performers and characters.  Got a chance to talk with Emma and Jeanna.  Jeanna’s friend is getting off the ship tomorrow, so we are going to get together next cruise.  




Then we headed to the Walt Disney Theater to see this puppetry show.  It was this guy and gal who use their hands to create puppet images to music.  They were excellent.

I then walked by the laundry room to see if anyone was doing laundry, and they weren’t.  So I stopped by my stateroom, got my dirty stuff and did two loads of laundry and now I am finished and everything is ready for tomorrow.  Now I will have some time to go wandering in Venice tomorrow before the all aboard time at 3 p.m.

It was a great day.  Can’t believe that 9 days have passed already and I am now on the second cruise tomorrow.  I have decided that for the next cruise I am going to do something new every single day on the ship that I have never done before.  Now, I know many of you are thinking “How could there be something that Linda has never done on the ship?”  Well, there are things I have never experienced.  And, my goal is to try something new every day.  So I will be reporting in and letting you know what new things I am enjoying (or not).

Good night from the Disney Magic!  Happy Fourth of July to all my friends and family!

4 comments:

  1. The bread is even better when you eat it with the garlic/whipped cream cheese spread found on the cheese tray. Thanks for thinking of me. Can't wait to hear what you do new for the next cruise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will have to try the spread and see what I think.

      Delete
  2. Linda, I can't believe your first cruise is over already, and I can't wait to continue reading... So glad you aren't done because I'm not ready for my virtual vacation to be over!

    Were you back onboard for the 4th party in Venice last year? I thought it was pretty fun. Enjoy your day in Venice tomorrow. Looking forward to your new stuff on this next cruise. There are so many things to do! Last year during the first of our B2B, I didn't get a picture with any of the characters, so the second half I made sure to see Minnie in each of her outfits for my Minnie Mouse photo collection. And one time I made it a goal to eat something from every food venue onboard (not in the same day)... I missed a few spots but discovered some things that have become standard for me now :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, we were onboard for the party in Venice last year for the 4th. This year, they didn't honor the veterans or those serving in the military. Basically, it was the national anthem, the characters dancing to one patriotic number and then the DJ played USA songs until 3:30 p.m. when the pilot boarded and we had to go silent to enter Venice. Not as good as last year's party.
    There are food venues I have never eaten at either. Plus getting pictures with one character in all their outfits would be fun. I will keep an eye out and decide if I will tackle that one.
    Now headed out shortly for cruise #2. Sailaway begins!

    ReplyDelete