Friday, July 4, 2014

July 3 2014 Sea Day



July 3 2014

Today was just a lazy, relaxing day on the sea.  Much deserved after all the trekking we have done these past days at all of the ports.

There was a princess gathering at 9 a.m. and Anna and Elsa were also going to be out again in the Walt Disney Theatre at 9.  Since I saw them last week, I decided not to go again, but I noticed the lines were not long at all.  I bet the longest anyone waited would have been 10 or 15 minutes.

Since we got to turn our clocks back one hour last night when we went to bed, we got an extra hours worth of sleep.  I still was up before 8:30 a.m. and went out and there just wasn't anyone out yet.  I went down to get my normal Breakfast of Champions (chocolate croissant and strawberry smoothie), then headed back to the room for my Ipad.

I headed up to the adult pool and found a nice spot in the shade and read my book for a couple of hours and then met the boys at 10:30 am for Bingo.  

After Bingo, I headed for lunch and then finished reading my first book I had downloaded to my IPad.  I have now started my second book.

At noon, there was a Captain’s signing, but I didn’t need anything signed, so didn’t attend.

In the early afternoon I headed back to the room for a quick nap and watched the movie Mulan on the television then it was time to shower and get ready for the show and dinner.

Tonight was Disney Dreams, one of my favorites.  Saw Jeanna in her best role on the stage.  She does an absolutely incredible performance as Ann Marie in Disney Dreams. 

After Disney Dreams we hung around until it was time for dinner.  Tonight was the animation dinner in Animator’s Palate.  When you go in you draw like a puppet on a placemat.  Then they take the placemat away and then Disney does their magic and before dinner ends they present a show with all of our creations and the puppets come to life, dancing, walking, and skating. It was introduced on the Disney Fantasy but now that the Disney Magic has been re-imagined they are now doing this show on cruises that are 5 nights or longer.  We loved it.

After dinner, we headed up to deck for the fireworks from pirates night that didn’t happen the night before because we were too close to the Greek Islands.  The firework show was the normal pirate night one.  They had a gal and guy singing on stage and dancing went on before and after the fireworks.
We hung out with a bunch of the Walt Disney Theater performers and Michael gave them flashing venetian masks and flashing USA flags for the holiday tomorrow.  It was fun talking and dancing with them.

After I returned to the room, there was another gift from the cruise line to commemorate the inaugural sailing from Venice.  This one is an adorable cheese platter and cheese spreaders with Mickey and the gang.  Love it.



That about takes care of the sea day. Tomorrow Palo for brunch and then we will be having a 4th of July celebration before arriving back in Venice!

Goodnight from the Disney Magic!

3 comments:

  1. Love the cheese tray - how cute. I love sea days. Glad you got some relaxing in. Hope you got lots of books downloaded. Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Miss you too! Thinking of you today as I had brunch in Palo.....

      Delete
  2. I love that the gifts are different than last year. What were the Castaway Club gifts this time? Sounds like a lovely sea day.

    ReplyDelete