Sunday, July 13, 2014

July 13 2014 Arrival into Venice


July 13 2014

Well today is the last day of cruise #2.  This has been a very enjoyable cruise.  Met lots of new people on the cruise who are following my travel blog and came up and introduced themselves.  Thanks!  It was great meeting everyone.

This morning I got up about  6:30 a.m. and started by taking a walk on deck.  I headed up to the Cove Café and had something to drink from there that I had never had before.  Hot Chocolate!  It was cold this morning.  When I woke up the sun was shining and the sky was blue.  But by 8:30 it had gotten cloudy and cold and I thought, what a great time for a hot chocolate.  I didn’t really like it though.  I like the Nestle brand better!

After that I went and played morning Bingo (no winning this time).

Then I went and changed and hurried to Palo to have brunch at 11:30 a.m.  I didn’t want to eat that much, just strawberry soup, tomato and basil soup and chicken parmigian and of course a chocolate covered strawberry for dessert.  Palo was not busy so got lots of time to visit with Andrea, Alvin, SIlvio and his team of chefs. 




Today, instead of two night performances of Once Upon a Song in the Walt Disney Theater, there was a 1 pm performance and a 9 pm performance.  I got to the show about 1:15.  Features 5 of the performers from the entertainment cast who are excellent singers.

After that it was about time for the pilot to come aboard (2:30 p.m.), so I headed up to deck expecting it to be cold, but the Mickey bubble had emerged and we had sunshine and the clouds had cleared.  In fact, it had warmed up so much I ran downstairs to change into some cooler clothes!




Sailboats were sailing by as we made our way into Venice




Got some great pictures of Venice as we were sailing in, and some of our cruisers who were in St. Mark's Square (and are getting on the ship tomorrow) got pictures of the Magic as we sailed in.
















We arrived in port about 4:30 p.m. right when it was time to play final Bingo.  Pierre Luc had bragged earlier in the cruise that he could stuff 22 marshmallows (the large ones) in his mouth, so I bought 22 large marshmallows in Kushadasi, Turkey, and we all put him to the test.  I think maybe he got 10 in.  We said it must have been minature marshmallows.  He will never live it down!







I didn't win at Bingo, but it was worth it seeing Pierre Luc try to be like Chip and Dale.

I then headed into Venice and had pizza at Gino's at Plaza Roma.  They had free internet, so I was able to get my pictures downloaded finally and post the last two days activities.  Then the battery went dead, so headed back to the ship.



It was time to go to Once Upon a Song, so went to the 9 p.m. show.  Excellent again.

Next it was time for Til We Meet Again in the Atrium Lobby.  Love seeing all the performers and Disney Characters.

Got word from Guest Services that I don't have to move my stateroom for the next cruise!  Even though I don't really have to pack up, that will save me from moving everything down the hall from midship to aft. That means I can sleep in a little longer in the morning! HA

After that I headed back to Plaza Roma to type today's blog and post it before going to bed so I am all caught up.

I am sitting at Gino's again and am outside.  The temperature is wonderful, but I think I am encountering mosquitos for the first time in 12 days.  Hope I am not getting too many bites!

It is 12:30 a.m. and the streets of Venice at Plaza Roma are still hopping with tourists.  I am headed back to the ship and will call it a night.

Goodnight from the Disney Magic!

4 comments:

  1. So glad you don't have to move cabins. Will you explore in Venice or just stay at the ship tomorrow? And who is joining you for this next sailing?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Michael is back and bringing his parents, then we have Scott and Lynn, Ken and Christie and Jason and Noel and their daughter Katie

      Delete
  2. Say hi to Chef Silvio and the rest of the Palo team.

    ReplyDelete