Sunday, July 13, 2014

July 12 2014 Sea Day



July 12 2014

Well, today is a very well deserved sea day.  My goal was to rest and not do much of anything.

However, I started out the day with doing something I have never done before on the Disney Magic.  Yes, I built up my courage and went to “Wake Up With Disney Junior”.  I went to the D Lounge and arrived at the starting time of 8:30 a.m.  There were maybe a dozen or so kids from toddler age to kindergarten there for the morning festivities.   

Melanie, from the cruise staff was the host.  She started by doing something from Mickey’s Clubhouse and she tried to get the kids to do the dance movements and sing along, but they were pretty busy running all around. The children really enjoyed getting on the stage.

Then, she did the Hokey Pokey and some other song and then Jake the Pirate came out and they did two numbers with Jake.  (Basically, Jake and Melanie did the numbers and the kids ran around).  They did one with crocodiles and pirates but since I don’t watch the Disney Channel, I had never seen it before.

After that Jake left and then she did another number from Mickey’s Clubhouse and then I think she was probably as happy as I was that it was over! LOL!   

It gave me added appreciation for my daughter Jamie who just finished her internship with 3-5 year olds teaching them dance.  Jamie commented that she didn’t want to teach children that young dance in a real job, that it was really hard to keep their attention.  I totally get it now, having watched poor Melanie trying to do that for a mere 30 minutes!





I noticed that the carpet in D Lounge had the story of Cinderella.  Guess I don’t spend much time in there since it is generally family activities.  Not sure I had been in there since the Magic was re-imagined.




I headed to breakfast in Lumiere’s and then I went and changed into my swimsuit and spent the whole day at the pool relaxing, reading and taking a little nap.  During the day I saw a beautiful sailboat in the middle of the sea.


Then it was time to get ready for dinner, so then went to Carioca’s for dinner.  It was the Captain’s Gala.  I had Parmesan Crusted Chicken and my regular salad.  No dessert, nothing looked too exciting and worth the calories.

After that I went and watched a beautiful sunset from deck four.






It was time to go to Disney Dreams, my favorite live show on the Disney Magic.  Jeanna portrays Anne Marie in Disney Dreams and does a phenominal job singing and dancing her way through the show.  Kudos to Jeanna for being so awesome.  Love that girl!  

After that I wandered around the ship and went into Fathom’s for a few minutes and then headed to the room.  It is midnight again and I am going to call it a night.  Tomorrow we will arrive in Venice in the afternoon.

Goodnight from the Disney Magic!

4 comments:

  1. I can't believe this cruise is nearly done. What a nice relaxing day for you. Will you change cabins again for the next sailing?

    Deck 4 is a great place for sunset viewing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was suppose to change cabins for the next sailing, but got word tonight that I get to stay in the stateroom I am in. That makes me and Olaf very happy cruisers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's great news. Give Scott and Lynn big hugs from us

    ReplyDelete